Get Your Yoga Studio Listed on Google Maps: the 5-Minute Guide
Gain search visibility and attract clients with this simple and free tool.
You probably use Google Maps pretty often, right? When out of town, when going somewhere new, or let’s face it, even somewhere nearby. Guess what, your yoga students do too—so you need to be listed there. In this five-minute tutorial, I’ll walk you through the step-by-step of how to get your yoga business listed. No need to be tech-savvy—this is really simple.
Let’s look at YOGABODY Fitness Barcelona for example.
When you type “yoga Barcelona” into Google, three studios are featured, and the first three listings are much more likely to attract clicks and eventually, clients. Because—who wants to search in Google all day?
We can click on YOGABODY Fitness 2 (in position three, shown above). This is what YOGABODY’s Google Business Page looks like on the map:
You can create the same for your yoga business using the Google My Business dashboard—Google’s dashboard for managing your online presence across Google’s platforms including Maps, Google Analytics, and Adwords.
Google policy is: “If a business you own or manage isn’t in Google Maps, you can add and claim your business listing using Google My Business. Once you’ve verified your business, you can edit business information like address, contact information, category, and photos.”
Set it up!
- Go to Google My Business > click “Add your Business.”
- Add the address of your studio.
TIP: Give it some thought. Will you spell out S-t-r-e-e-t or St.? Be specific as the address that you use here should become your default. Consistency is key with looking legit to potential customers.
- Add your phone number and current web URL if you have one.
- Verify your business. Google will verify that your studio is located where you say it is. You may need to wait a week or two for a postcard with a verification PIN.
- Confirm your business once you have the code. You’re almost done!
Optimize your listing.
Setting up your Google My Business page is the first step to helping new students find your studio. Now here’s how to go a step further:
- Get some 5-star reviews. To maximize appearance, try to get some Google reviews for your studio. Generally speaking, yoga studios with great Google reviews typically gain the top three spots on the map.
- Fill out all the information. The more information you have available (store hours, website, phone number, etc), the more authority you have and the easier it is for someone to choose your studio.
- Add quality photos. Those searching for a yoga studio have the option to click on “more photos” to get a feel for your studio. Here’s what our YOGABODY Fitness 2 looks like.
You’re now ready to be listed.
It’s important to note that Google search results are partly based on proximity, meaning people searching for a yoga studio may see the ones closest to them first (if their city has numerous yoga studios). These simple steps for setting up is the quickest and easiest way to gain more visibility and get more clients… plus, it’s free. What have you got to lose?
If you just opened your business or you are looking to optimize your online presence, start by following these steps and you have guaranteed free marketing just like that.
Links & Resources:
To learn more, visit: YogaTeachersCollege.com
For more on marketing for yoga businesses, check out our 21-Day Business Accelerator Program.